NOVABAA's 2021 ANNUAL CLE
The Northern Virginia Black Attorneys' Association is pleased to present its annual CLE for 2021. This year's presentation promises to provide a variety of legal education to appeal to attorneys in small and solo firms all the way up to senior attorneys and partners in larger practices.
This year, all of our presentations will be done virtually. CLE credit is being requested, however, there is a 90 day backlog for approval. Even if you have already completed your CLE requirements for 2021, remember that the Virginia State Bar will allow attorneys to bank up to a year's worth (12) of credits for the next year. You will not find a value like this offered anywhere else for this price! And more importantly, you will be supporting NOVABAA in the process!
Our slate of presenters include judges and experts from across the Commonwealth, covering topics that we believer are particularly appropriate for attorneys of color. From wellness to trial preparation, we believe that the Annual CLE has something for everyone.
Here is our slate of CLE presentations and their times:
- 9am - David P. Baugh – How to Set your Fee, and How to Ensure That Your Clients Will Pay It
- 10am - Dipti Pidikiti-Smith – The History of Poverty, Racism, and Systemic Barriers
- 12pm - NOVABAA Judges – Hon. Jane Reynolds, Hon. Che Rogers, Hon. Turkessa Rollins, Hon. Sonya Sacks, Hon. Lorrie Taylor-Sinclair – The Fight Before the Fight: Getting your Client a Bond.
- 1pm - Heather D. Horton – Treating a Lawyer’s Grief: The Root to Recovery & Inclusion (Health and Wellness)
- 2pm - D. Margeaux Thomas – The Most Litigated Contract Terms
- 3pm - Hon. Dontae L. Bugg – The Fight Before the Fight: Setting the Table for your Trial Judge
There may be a surprise guest or two not listed here, but you'll have to be in attendance to see! The cost for the entire event is $65 for members and $100 for non-members. For 6 hours of CLE that is an incredible value! If you are having problems registering in order to get the member's only price, please reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Once you have registered, you will receive the Zoom login and credentials. Please do not wait until the last minute to register as it may take longer to get you the login information.
Once again, a special thank you to NOVABAA's Board for its invaluable assistance in getting this event together. We hope you enjoy the program as much as we've enjoyed putting it together.